Stamps Go Up 2 Cents Monday

Những tin tức hay, lạ, vui, và hữu ích cho đời sống.
Xin đừng tranh luận về chính trị, tôn giáo, sắc tộc ...

Moderator: A Mít

Stamps Go Up 2 Cents Monday

Postby msn » 10 May 2009

Stamps go up 2 cents Monday

WASHINGTON - Peel it and weep: It'll cost an extra 2 cents to mail a letter starting Monday.

The price of a first-class stamp will climb to 44 cents, though people who planned ahead and stocked up on Forever stamps will still be paying the lower rate.

It's the third year in a row that rates have gone up in May under a new system that allows annual increases as long as they don't exceed the rate of inflation for the year before.

While the increase will bring in added income, the post office continues to struggle financially as more and more lucrative first-class mail is diverted to the Internet, and the recession discourages businesses from sending their usual volume of advertising.

The Postal Service, which does not get a taxpayer subsidy for its operations, lost $2.8 billion last year and is $2.3 billion in the hole just halfway through this year.

Postmaster General John Potter has asked Congress for permission to reduce mail delivery to five days-a-week. The agency is offering early retirement to workers, consolidating excess capacity in mail processing and transportation networks, realigning carrier routes, halting construction of new facilities, freezing officer and executive salaries at 2008 pay levels, and reducing travel budgets.

Even so, the rate increase is unlikely to cover the losses and the possibility remains that the post office could run out of money before the end of the budget year, Sept. 30.

The post office could have cited extraordinary circumstances and asked the independent Postal Regulatory Commission for larger increases, but officials worried that would only result in a greater decline in mail volume and greater losses.

Potter has sought congressional changes in how the post office prepays for retiree health care, to cut its annual costs by $2 billion.

While the new 44-cent rate covers the first ounce of first-class mail, the price for each additional ounce will remain unchanged at 17-cents.

Postal officials estimate the increase will cost the average household $3 a year.

Other changes taking effect Monday:

The postcard stamp increases by a penny to 28 cents.
The first ounce of a large envelope increases 5 cents to 88 cents.
The first ounce of a parcel increases 5 cents to $1.22.
New international postcard and letter prices are, for one ounce, 75 cents to Canada; 79 cents to Mexico; and 98 cents elsewhere.
Most Postal Service shipping services prices were adjusted in January and will not change in May.
msn
Quả Mít
Quả Mít

Tiền: $386,766

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng msn từ: littlehoney999, lonelyheart, lkkevin, congtucamau

Re: Stamps Go Up 2 Cents Monday

Postby Thanh Tran » 11 May 2009

The price goes up but the service goes down (in my opinon). Whenever I go to post office to mail something, there is a long line waiting me there :( They open only one register, sometimes two, even though that there are 10 customers wait in line.

Sometimes they deliver wrong mail address to my house. Creek Valley is different than Creekridge, right? But the carrier still give me wrong mail sometimes. Luckily that most of the time they are not important or sensitive mail.

I always do online banking but sometimes still need to buy stamps, just 1-2 stamps only. The USPS now removes all cash-accepting vending machine, just leaves the credit card one. If I need only one stamp, I have to buy three because that's the rule. What should I do with the two remaining?

I have a friend who works for USPS in Dallas. Some of her friend have to relocate if they want to have full time job. If not, they may have only 4 work hours per pay period. Jeezz! Four hours can't cover for the health insurance premium.
<=====T=====>

.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.

d(^_^)b

╔╗╔╗╔══╗╔══╗╔══╗╔╗╔╗
║╚╝║║══║║══║║══║║╚╝║
║╔╗║║╔╗║║╔═╝║╔═╝╚═╗║
╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝ • N E W Y E A R 2 0 1 2
Thanh Tran
Sơ Mít
Sơ Mít

Tiền: $32,334

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng Thanh Tran từ: msn, littlehoney999, lonelyheart

Postby msn » 11 May 2009

Thanh Tran wrote:The price goes up but the service goes down (in my opinon). Whenever I go to post office to mail something, there is a long line waiting me there :( They open only one register, sometimes two, even though that there are 10 customers wait in line.

Sometimes they deliver wrong mail address to my house. Creek Valley is different than Creekridge, right? But the carrier still give me wrong mail sometimes. Luckily that most of the time they are not important or sensitive mail.

I always do online banking but sometimes still need to buy stamps, just 1-2 stamps only. The USPS now removes all cash-accepting vending machine, just leaves the credit card one. If I need only one stamp, I have to buy three because that's the rule. What should I do with the two remaining?

I have a friend who works for USPS in Dallas. Some of her friend have to relocate if they want to have full time job. If not, they may have only 4 work hours per pay period. Jeezz! Four hours can't cover for the health insurance premium.

... You should buy and use Forever stamps :hoa:
msn
Quả Mít
Quả Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng msn từ: Thanh Tran, littlehoney999, lonelyheart

Postby littlehoney999 » 11 May 2009

msn wrote:... You should buy and use Forever stamps :hoa:

sao my dear nói trể dzị...tuần trước lh999 mua một roll 42 cents rồi :buồn:

Em không làm thi nhân hay thi sĩ
Em chỉ làm tri kỷ của riêng anh :luv: :ôm:

Một Nụ cười bằng 10 thang thuốc bổ :) Không cười thì lỗ ráng chịu nghen ^_*

littlehoney999
Nhựa Mít
Nhựa Mít

Tiền: $112,012

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng littlehoney999 từ: msn, lonelyheart

Postby pleikey » 11 May 2009

littlehoney999 wrote:

Huynh còn để dành một mớ Forever stamps nè Út, nếu Út cần gửi mấy mấy bức thư tình cho anh nào thì đưa huynh đây dán stamp giùm cho :D
I thought I made a mistake once but it turned out it was a creative moment.
~ Scott Fleming
pleikey
Nhựa Mít
Nhựa Mít

Tiền: $313,942

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng pleikey từ: msn, lonelyheart, littlehoney999

Postby msn » 11 May 2009

littlehoney999 wrote:

Út Lượm có ba cách để giải quyết
1. Mua thêm một roll 2 cents là okay
2. Everytime muốn gởi thư tình cho ai, đưa bác Pleikey dán stamp, rồi msn đi bỏ dzùm cho
3. Muốn được lên news, stick 2 pennies with a 42 cents stamp everytime muốn send mail
msn
Quả Mít
Quả Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng msn từ: lonelyheart, littlehoney999

Postby lonelyheart » 11 May 2009

hiiihih....chéc en nhứt là mai mốt Nì có mua stamps thì do the sẻarch...xem thử chừng nào...bị lên giá nữa... :cười: còn không email cho CEO của Post Office cũng được muh hen :cười:
Em không thương chi tài sắc của người
Ông trời kia đã định, em thương người em phải thương
lonelyheart
Quả Mít
Quả Mít

Tiền: $19,486

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng lonelyheart từ: littlehoney999, msn

Postby littlehoney999 » 11 May 2009

pleikey wrote:
Huynh còn để dành một mớ Forever stamps nè Út, nếu Út cần gửi mấy mấy bức thư tình cho anh nào thì đưa huynh đây dán stamp giùm cho :D

anh 7 dáng tem thơ hay là dán dùm bao thơ dzị :cười: uh anh 7 nói đó nghen..tôi nay "Út thức trắng đêm để viết cho anh............ một lá tình thư lãng mạn dzô cùng...hén" :ll: :ln:

panda wrote:Út Lượm có ba cách để giải quyết
1. Mua thêm một roll 2 cents là okay
2. Everytime muốn gởi thư tình cho ai, đưa bác Pleikey dán stamp, rồi msn đi bỏ dzùm cho
3. Muốn được lên news, stick 2 pennies with a 42 cents stamp everytime muốn send mail

theo cách của panda huh..thôi để lh999 cho ý kiến nè

1. panda mua và gởi dùm cái roll 2 cents hén
2. everytime lh999 muốn gởi thư tình thì nhờ anh 7 viết...rồi panda đi deliver personally dùm, lh990 cám ơn
3. local news hay national news??? thôi panda dzới anh 7 mở đường dùm cho lh999 đi :nháy:

chị 8T wrote:hiiihih....chéc en nhứt là mai mốt Nì có mua stamps thì do the sẻarch...xem thử chừng nào...bị lên giá nữa... còn không email cho CEO của Post Office cũng được muh hen

chòi....search for the other half thì còn search chứ ai đi search for price of stamps :bt: thôi không thích CEO của post office......tối ngày cứ "dán tem" hoài (6) :cười:

littlehoney999
Nhựa Mít
Nhựa Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng littlehoney999 từ: msn

Postby msn » 12 May 2009

Chùi, mấy người này nghen, hổng chịu đọc news, tối ngày lo đọc thư tình với tình thơ không hà... Cái dzụ stamp lên giá có trong news cả months long rồi... đâu phải hot news nữa nè... :bt: :bt:
msn
Quả Mít
Quả Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng msn từ: pleikey, littlehoney999

Postby littlehoney999 » 12 May 2009

msn wrote:Chùi, mấy người này nghen, hổng chịu đọc news, tối ngày lo đọc thư tình với tình thơ không hà... Cái dzụ stamp lên giá có trong news cả months long rồi... đâu phải hot news nữa nè... :bt: :bt:

panda chắc muốn bị :bb: huh..cái vụ đó ai ra idea dzị..wasn't me :tức: :ll: :ll: :ll: :ll:

yes, có nghe lên nhưng tại không để ý :cười: với lại trả bills online không muh :ln:

thư tình thì dùng email cho tiện...muốn thấy chữ thì scan lên thôi..so easy..

littlehoney999
Nhựa Mít
Nhựa Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng littlehoney999 từ: msn, pleikey

Postby msn » 12 May 2009

littlehoney999 wrote:
msn wrote:Chùi, mấy người này nghen, hổng chịu đọc news, tối ngày lo đọc thư tình với tình thơ không hà... Cái dzụ stamp lên giá có trong news cả months long rồi... đâu phải hot news nữa nè... :bt: :bt:

panda chắc muốn bị :bb: huh..cái vụ đó ai ra idea dzị..wasn't me :tức: :ll: :ll: :ll: :ll:

yes, có nghe lên nhưng tại không để ý :cười: với lại trả bills online không muh :ln:

[color=#0080FF]thư tình thì dùng email cho tiện...muốn thấy chữ thì scan lên thôi
..so easy..[/color]

rủi người ta không biết dùng PC thì sao coi được huh? :ll: :ll:
msn
Quả Mít
Quả Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng msn từ: pleikey

Postby pleikey » 12 May 2009

msn wrote:
littlehoney999 wrote:

[color=#0080FF]thư tình thì dùng email cho tiện...muốn thấy chữ thì scan lên thôi
..so easy..[/color]

rủi người ta không biết dùng PC thì sao coi được huh? :ll: :ll:

Vậy mỗi lần Út gửi thư tình qua email nhớ CC cho huynh và MSN một bổn là được rồi. So easy! :D
I thought I made a mistake once but it turned out it was a creative moment.
~ Scott Fleming
pleikey
Nhựa Mít
Nhựa Mít

Tiền: $313,942

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng pleikey từ: msn

panda này nói chuyện ngộ nghê nè :ln: :ln: he hổng biết dùng PC sao he gặp Út :cười:

anh 7...thôi CC không được..người ta ghen...BCC thui hén :nháy:

littlehoney999
Nhựa Mít
Nhựa Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng littlehoney999 từ: msn, pleikey

Postby msn » 12 May 2009

littlehoney999 wrote:panda này nói chuyện ngộ nghê nè :ln: :ln: he hổng biết dùng PC sao he gặp Út :cười:

Chùi, Út Lượm này nói chuyện nghe sang ghê hén... bộ quen bên ngoài không được sao nè :nháy: :ll: :đàn:
msn
Quả Mít
Quả Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng msn từ: littlehoney999

msn wrote:
littlehoney999 wrote:panda này nói chuyện ngộ nghê nè :ln: :ln: he hổng biết dùng PC sao he gặp Út :cười:

Chùi, Út Lượm này nói chuyện nghe sang ghê hén... bộ quen bên ngoài không được sao nè :nháy: :ll: :đàn:

cô Út sang và sốc muh :tốt: (6) ... panda sao không nghĩ.....he biết dùng PC..Út hổng biết..he chỉ Út rồi :luv: hổng được sao :ln: với lại thời của út là in tờ net muh đâu phải như cụ panda :cười: :tt: JK

littlehoney999
Nhựa Mít
Nhựa Mít

Món quà tinh thần gởi tặng littlehoney999 từ: msn

Next

Return to Kiến Thức Đó Đây